RSS Feed

Monday, January 10, 2011

too tired...

Random ramblings tonight:

I'm too tired to blog! It seems that I'm a once-a-month blogger. Not much to say these days. I'm uncomfortable. I'm wondering when baby will come considering the fact that my daughter was 4 weeks early. We'll see what the doctor has to say this week. I think I've gained more weight this time, but I'm trying not to think about it. I'm hoping that a few months of successful breastfeeding will counteract it. I'm also hoping that breastfeeding is a bit less stressful this time, but I'm realistic. I don't think it's exactly like riding a bike. I'm starting to worry about the unknown as I approach this birth. One never knows how it will play out and I have another child to make arrangements for this time. It adds a bit of extra stress. I can tend to be a worrier. I'm trying to stop!

I'm not sure on the name... or circumcising. I wish I had decisions in those areas. All I know is that there is a huge list of care instructions in my booklet for a circumcised boy and also warnings about rare but serious complications. It's like listening to the fast talking at the end of those drug commercials. "In rare cases serious side effects may occur..." Freaks me out. The care instructions in my booklet for not circumcising? Don't retract the foreskin. Wait for it to retract around age 3. Teach your child to clean the area. Seems simple and safe. Names and circumcising. Two big decisions that will affect my child for life. I guess it makes sense that I'd struggle with those things! One thing I have learned in the last 3 years is that there are no right answers to this parenting thing. Whatever decision you made - totally right for you. Not to be judged. Maybe we need more new mom politicians in Washington. I think us moms know that there are many ways do things. We learn that it would never make sense to criticize another mom and her methods!

Did I mention that I'm excited to meet this active baby? He's so much different than my daughter already. He's a mover and he's trying to stretch out in there. Ouch! He's such an amazing gift. I will try to remember that in a few weeks when I'm so tired that I burst into tears when he wakes me up in the middle of the night. The time when they are little is short. It's hard, but it's rewarding. Remind me of that when I'm tired! A boy. Wow. This will be new!

Off to bed now. (Until I wake up at 2 am to go to the bathroom!)

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for all three (no, four!) of you. What a blessing, indeed. This little soul is so lucky to have found his way into your lives! I'm sure in the end he won't throw a teenaged tantrum over being uncircumcised or circumcised. And if he does, then you can just remind him that he was raised in a loving household, so there's that, and to stop thinking about his winky so much. ;)

    About the non-judgmental mommy thing...it only applies some of the time, I fear. I've certainly learned not to judge, but I've faced my own share of judgement and some of that comes from other mothers, certainly. A lot more from people that don't have kids, or those who've seen a fair amount of time pass since they've raised children...I'd settle for getting sane, respectful, balanced people in D.C.

    Are you having a shower? I'd love to come, even if it meant a 2-hour drive. Because I love you that much. :) When are you due, again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. PICTURES. Come on! Where's that round belly?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the advice on circumcising! Too bad teenaged boys tend to think about their winkies a lot!

    You know, you're right. Some mothers are terrible about judging when I think about it. I guess I just don't understand that. As a mom, I know that sometimes you have no idea what to do so you make the best decision you can at the time. Sometimes it is even a decision that you know will just get you through the next 10 minutes! I can't imagine judging someone when I know how hard the job is!

    No shower that I know of at this point. I have a lot of baby stuff that we kept around, and I have gotten a bunch of hand-me-downs from friends so I suppose when it's the 2nd child, people just figure you are pretty set. I'm not bummed. I think it would just be fun to get together in a couple of months when baby is settled in. I enjoy the conversation at showers more than the gifts and games anyway!

    Early March due date... coming fast! I've been really sparing with pictures. I'll have to share sometime!

    ReplyDelete