RSS Feed

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Oh dear...

My goodness! Has it really been 3 months since I have checked in? I wrote a long post about breastfeeding a few weeks ago, saved it, and then wondered who would want to hear so much about my breasts so I never published it. Now here we are!

My inactivity is a symptom of working again. It's simple: 2 kids + work - sleep = no time. We are also looking at homes. I'm finding the process to be very stressful as we are currently planning on listing our home for sale only after we buy something. Why take such a huge risk? Well, we've already been looking for two months without any luck, and I just couldn't see paying rent instead of paying down our mortgage each month. Besides, moving twice would be a pain. I don't even want to think about the work that will be involved if we actually make this leap. Cleaning and preparing our home to be shown, packing, moving, finding daycare... It's all overwhelming. I'm going to be Scarlett O'Hara and think about all of this tomorrow!

We can add to our to-do list some minor surgery for 3 of our 4 family members in the coming months, but don't worry! We're all ok! Well, except for the fact that four children at my daughter's daycare have now had the pukes. Oh yes, it's coming. I predict a fun 4th of July weekend. You know, I found a good amount of cash on the floor at Target a few months ago and I turned it in at the service counter. I'm still waiting to cash in on the good karma I figure I'm due. Hello? Karma? Yup, don't forget about me! Can we get pay back in the form of avoiding this yucky stomach bug? I'd really appreciate it.

I do have to take a moment to admit that I am totally in love with this baby boy we've got. Oh, he is just so sweet. Even when he's, you know, pooping out of his diaper 4 times a day and wanting to be held all.the.time. He's adorable, strong, and smiley quite often which is a bonus. You wouldn't have been able to convince me that babies might actually be happy sometimes when my daughter was this age. She was a much tougher baby than he's proving to be. Thank goodness!

So dear readers, that's my overdue update. Now you must excuse me while I shower, pump, prepare bottles, wash pump parts, eat, and fall into bed so I can do it all over again starting around 4:45 am tomorrow. It's a glamorous life, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment