RSS Feed

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Signs

I've had a few experiences in my life where I believe I was given signs. I believe strongly that we are given direction once in awhile. I'm not sure if these are just odd coincidences or if God is intervening. Maybe it's all my imagination. Regardless, I'd like to think they are clues, and believing in them gives me hope. The hardest part is noticing them.

The biggest signs I've had are related to having kids. During my entire pregnancy with my angel boy, Noah, I had been dreaming that I was having a little girl. Some dreams were about her actual birth. In some she was an infant. Others included visions of a girl child. I was fairly certain I was having a girl. One day I was sitting at the table eating a bowl of alphabet soup and watching television. I wasn't paying much attention to my soup. With my eyes fixed on the tv, I would scoop into the bowl and eat each bite. When I started to get to the bottom of the bowl, it became more difficult for me to scoop up a bite without looking. I dipped into the bowl, and then took my first look down to see if I had gotten anything. When I looked down, I saw something remarkable. Strange. Funny. Lined up perfectly on my spoon along with some broth and a few stray vegetables was the word "BOY" written out in noodles. "Hmmm," I thought. "I guess it's a boy!" My soup was right! It revealed my baby's gender before any ultrasound could. Thanks, soup! Now you'll be paying attention the next time you eat alphabet soup, won't you?

It wasn't until my daughter was born that I looked back on the whole thing in an even more interesting way. During my pregnancy with Noah I was dreaming about a little girl constantly. That little girl of my dreams was in my future. My dreams were right too.

Coincidence or not, I find the whole thing so interesting. My experience with signs doesn't end there. Next post, another story.

I'm ready to get to bed. I never get enough sleep! Oh, and nothing certain on the baby news, but I'm pretty sure we've been unsuccessful this cycle. I'm feeling some cramps. Shoot. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. MamaE,
    It is strange that you say you were feeling and dreaming of a girl; as was I... everything pointed and felt like a girl...

    Turns out, we both have boys...

    Always, MamiC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is strange, isn't it? I'm so glad you found your way to me. So many similarities... and for such a hard thing. Can we have something else in common, please? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete