RSS Feed

Monday, February 22, 2010

Come on, baby!

Another month of fertility treatments is complete. Last week I had to ask my husband to give me the shot again. There is some kind of self preservation instinct that kicks in when it's time to give yourself a shot. It renders my arm frozen. My brain can't make my hand move, so my husband has to save the day. Seems he has no trouble stabbing me with that needle!
.

Saturday was our big day. The nurse assured me that everything looked good, so it's now up to God and fate. Our life feels like it has been full of pills and shots (well, at least mine has. Not so much for him!), so we're hoping to put that behind us soon! If this month doesn't take, we'll be taking a month off. I figured the time to recover from the medical bills would be good. I'd also like to avoid a Christmas due date if I can help it, so we plan to hold off a bit after this. Two weeks always feels like an eternity, but that's how long we'll have to wait before we can find out of this worked. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was gagging while brushing my teeth after about a week, so I'll be watching for little signs while trying not to drive myself nuts in the process!
.
In the meantime, we'll have to talk about other things to distract me. Take a look at this picture...
Does it look good? I'm curious to find out if this looks like something other people would want to eat. It is something I started eating in college, and it is a favorite around here! Wheat toast, mayo, garlic & pepper seasoning, and cold spaghetti. Voila! Spaghetti sandwich! What a great way to use leftovers in a creative way! If anyone tries it, let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. LOL I love the sandwich!!

    You're so brave, Erica. I've heard about those shots :( All worth it in the end though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you guys in my prayers that everything works this month for you! The sandwich does sound good too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick!
    I'm glad I'm not crazy for eating that sandwich. So good!

    ReplyDelete