RSS Feed

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our Little Girl

Our toddler loves music. I'll admit that we haven't really given her a choice! We dance a little bit every day. When I turn on the Rolling Stones, she tells me that she would rather hear The Beatles. I can't really argue with that! She also makes up songs. When I ask her if she made them up, she corrects me. "No, that's John Wennon!"

Our toddler loves peanut butter. She likes to peel apart her PB&J, drag her fingers through the peanut butter, and lick them. (although her mommy doesn't really like that!) We even put peanut butter on her waffles. She likes to take the empty peanut butter jar she plays with and make hundreds of pretend peanut butter sandwiches.

Our toddler loves dolls. She calls them her "babies." She is constantly changing them, feeding them, wrapping them up, and pushing them around in the stroller. They are always either sleeping, crying, or going potty. Maybe she takes her cues from her own favorite activities! She insists that we dress her babies so she can proceed to undress them, and then beg us to dress them up again.

Our toddler loves drama. She loves to practice pouts, frowns, sighs, cries, and ignoring us. She is very sensitive and often erupts into unexpected and long bouts of crying. If our words are too stern, she melts into a puddle on the floor. She is very independent and seems to enjoy fighting with us. I know she is just asserting her independence and that's all part of growing up. It doesn't make it any easier though. Is it too early to worry about the teen years?

Our toddler is amazing. She is my miracle. It took me more than 2 years of trying to get her here, so I can't help but remember how truly thankful I am that she's here. She's the best... you know, at least we think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment