RSS Feed

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fear

I'm afraid of a lot of things. I'm afraid I won't be able to have another child, but I'm also afraid I will. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to pay for two children. I'm afraid I won't have enough money when I want to retire. I'm afraid I'm not a good mom. I'm afraid I'll never find a way to combine my passions with my career. I'm afraid I'll forget who I really am. I'm afraid my husband won't love me someday. I'm afraid of aging. I'm afraid of getting cancer. I'm afraid of having regrets. I'm afraid of the evil in the world.

I'm afraid of so many things. I could go on forever. I wonder why I am consumed by these fears. I think many people feel the same way. As I look at the list of fears I listed above, I realize that most of these fears aren't based in reality. I'm anticipating things that haven't happened yet. These things may never happen.

I tend to make every decision in my life much bigger than it is. I haven't gotten pregnant yet. It's not yet time to worry about whether it will ever work. I just need to worry about doing my best to be healthy now. I will worry about the bigger issue when and if I ever have to face it. Until then, I can't think about it. I can't let myself be stressed because I'm anticipating future events. I need to enjoy today, take steps to prevent my fears from coming true, and let go of my worry and fear.

What are you afraid of? Is it based on your current situation or on anticipated future events that may not even happen? Do those worries affect your current happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment