RSS Feed

Monday, March 1, 2010

Saturday

I'm sad to say that the job changes we anticipated for my husband didn't come to pass. I'm not happy about it, but I do believe that there is a plan for us. I just wish we knew what it was at this point! We are still awaiting possible baby news. Tom Petty had it right when he sang: "The waiting is the hardest part." I should have my answer some time between now and Monday. Again, I trust that it will unfold as it should.

I snapped a few pictures on Saturday and so did my husband. I figured I'd step out from behind the lens just a little this time. I normally handle the camera duties full time around here, but once in awhile I think I'd like to look back and remember that I was there while my daughter was growing up! He didn't do too bad this time.

Oh, how I love Saturdays! We colored a bit.

Did you know that sticking your tongue out helps? Do I have a lefty?
.
Then a grandma and a firefighter went crusing. I'm not sure why. Maybe the firefighter volunteers to help grandma do her shopping? All I know is that grandma needs to keep her eyes on the road. Er... the van has eyes so maybe it's ok. Hmmm. I realize that analyzing Little People isn't my strength. Moving on...
.
(Don't look at the dust stuck to the wheels. Oh no, now you're looking aren't you? And you didn't even notice it until I said something, right? Ooops!)
.
We even sat in the sun (with Dora) which is a rarity in this corner of the world. (Wait... sitting with Dora isn't a rarity at all. She's everywhere in my house. It's the sun! The sun is rarely seen here in the winter!) Is this a sign that spring will finally come? I can't wait!
.
Don't let the pictures fool you. We have very little time together as a family. Most of our weekend time is spent doing child care in shifts while one or the other of us runs around like crazy getting groceries, starting loads of laundry, or cooking meals. Still, taking a few pictures reminds me of those rare moments when I can be with my family. I sure hope we can find more of those moments soon. Until then, we will enjoy what we have.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet pics!! Hang in there . . . we've been waiting for some things for-ev-er . . . "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. This is a promise I take to heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marlene! I wish you were closer because I know you understand where I'm coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I have a lefty, too. I will be praying for good news in all areas for you!! This too shall pass, so enjoy the little things and wait for the big things to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to enjoy the little things as much as I can. It's so easy to get wrapped up in sadness when things don't go right, but I know that it's only temporary. That's what I'm clinging to!

    ReplyDelete